“To Give Back to the Industry, Expand the Value Perception and Impact of Market Research”.
With a unique mix of international business management, academic experience and successful entrepreneurship, actor of the MR industry for over twenty years in different geographies, I have witnessed and participated in a massive turn around of the industry ranging from globalization to consolidation and to “technologisation”. Interestingly, although a lot has been accomplished over these years, it seems that the biggest challenge is ahead of us, that of enlarging and strengthening higher value and an improved perception of the MR Industry for clients and the society at large.
This a top priority for MR, and I intend to promote the impact of research for profitable and ethical decisions. This objective implies extending the recent efforts made by ESOMAR in the area of:
- Valuing the impact of research for profitable business decisions and results among top management and business schools
- Promoting change and collaboration across the industry and across industries for better valuation and ROI of research initiatives
- Developing opportunities for win/win collaboration between research participants, research providers, research users, and new (big) data providers for higher value creation
- Continuing to support the ESOMAR Management Team in its efforts to promote a leading and expanded image of Market Research worldwide.
These initiatives will provide higher value for ESOMAR members and the MR community at large worldwide.
I hope I will get your support, feel free to contact me here : laurent-flores @ slpv-analytics . com or @laurentflores to further discuss the matter. Looking forward to your support!
A short Bio:
Supported by: John Kearon, Mitch Barns, Marco Auregi, Han de Groot, Kristof De Wulf
Academic qualifications and career information
- Phd in Management Science.
- Since January 2014: Founding Partner SLPV-Analytics.
- Since 2007, Associate Professor of Management, Université Paris II & Inseec Business School.
- 2001 – 2013: Founder & Ceo, CRM Metrix, with offices in NY, Cincinnati, Paris, Singapore, Mumbai sold and integrated within MetrixLab in 2011.
- 1998 – 2001: Vice-President, Interactive, Ipsos-ASI, USA
- 1994 – 1997: International Director, Ipsos, France
- 1992 – 1994: Researcher, Millward Brown, UK, France
Activities on behalf of ESOMAR
- Esomar member since 1993
- Esomar Council Member 2005 – 2010.
- Esomar Representative, France, 2001-2004.
- Co-author Esomar 2007 “handbook of market research” (Customer Satisfaction chapter).
- Multiple times Speaker and Program Committee member at Esomar Congress and events since 1997.
- Recipient of Fernanda Monti Award, Congress, Roma, 2001
Other activities & Articles/Books Published
Frequent university speaker worldwide and regular author of articles published in top academic and business journals. Multiple Books’ author, his last publication was released in January 2014 by Palgrave MacMilan and deals with “How to Measure Digital Marketing”.
To see other notes on the ESOMAR elections see here.