Mobile Market Research Resources
NewMR is involved in writing a new book, on Mobile Marketing Research – MMR. This page has been created as a resource for that project, but also as a resource for anybody else interested in learning more about MMR. At the moment we would suggest not linking deeper than this page as the architecture of the information is likely to change over the next few weeks.
We’d love to hear from you. If you have material, papers, services, software, please let us know and we’ll add it to the site – email us email@example.com.
|Statistics||Collections||White Papers||Case Studies|
|Webinars||Thought Leaders||Software & Platforms||Organisations|
|mCAPI – Mobile CAPI||Views about MMR||Blogs||Articles|
- Emerging Markets Mobile Attitudes Report 2013 – a presentation including lots of useful stats from upstream and YouGov
- Pew Research Center – 56% of US adults have a smartphone.
- ITU – International Telecommunications Union – Home United Nations specialized for information and communication technologies – ICTs
- ITU – International Telecommunications Union – Statistics Stacks of really useful statistics
- Forecast of global smartphone usage in 2017 – Wall Street Journal blog, May 31, 2013
- Vision Critical University – VCU has a whole section on Mobile Research.
- MESH Planning – A collection of papers, in particular on using citizen researchers to report on interactions with touchpoints from their phones.
- Confirmit – Key Considerations for Implementing a Mobile Strategy
- Kinesis Survey Technologies Kinesis have several white papers on their site.
- Lumi Mobile Lumi have several white papers on their site, you will need to register to download them.
Lumi Mobile – Lumi have a collection of case studies, using mobile research.
- Research Now, Melanie Courtright – ‘I would be the data will be different!’ Discussion of why mobile data is the same as online data.
- Mary Meeker – with Liang Wu, their 2013 Annual internet trends presentation – on slideshare.
- Harvard Business Review Blog – Karen McGrane – “The Rise of the Mobile-Only User”. Includes lots of links to useful sources.
- Confirmit – Video outlining mobile research
- CrowdLab – Bespoke market research apps for smartphones and tablets
- Curious Analytics – Produces smartphone software to passively measure user behaviour.
- Ethos – Qualitative – Providing systems that facilitate using citizens as researchers/collaborators.
- Lumi Mobile – Quant, surveys and passive data collection.
- Research Now – Qualitative, Quantitative, and Passive systems, and sample
- Revelations – Qualitative – Providing systems that facilitate using citizens as researchers/collaborators.
- MMRA – Mobile Marketing Research Association – An organisation focused on mobile market research.
- The MCAPI Primer – Part 1, Feb 2003, Quirks Marketing Research Media, John Weisberg
- The MCAPI Primer – Part 2, Nov 2003, Quirks Marketing Research Mediam John Weisberg
- mCAPI in India – Case study using Cluetec’s mQuest to collect data in India, from Research & Results
- ‘Mobile Research: a good, even bake or a soggy bottom?’ – Richard Owen & Niall Smith, Crowdlab, Overview of what MMR is, when to use it, when not to, and some warnings about structural limitation + useful stats. SlideShare
- Curious Analytics Blog, Curious Analytics are a provider of smartphone software to passively measure behaviour.
- Why Mobile Research is Here to Stay – Annette Gleneicki, Confirmit
- Quirks, Leveraging mobile and online qualitative to get inside shoppers’ heads, Jim Bryson & Jessica Ritzo, July 2013. Summary.
- Quirks, 10 reasons why you should go mobile now, Bob Yazbeck & Susan Scarlet, July 2013. Summary.
- Shopping Cart Abandonment On Mobile, Marketing Daily, Charles Nicholls, Oct 1, 2012 – article
- 21 Cart Abandonment Rate Statistics, Baymard Institute – List
- The Last Click: Addressing Mobile Shopping Cart Abandonment, Eric V. Holtzclaw and John R. Davidson, curious Analytics – White Paper